Only 19 days remaining before the grid lights go out! Today, we focus on one of the most successful driver here in Bahrain International Circuit, Williams F1 Team Felipe Massa.
Felipe Massa Key Facts
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Hometown: São Paulo, Brazil
- Age: 34
- Current Team: Williams F1 Team
- Car no.: 19
- F1 Grand Prix starts: 229
- Best F1 finish to date: 11 wins
- F1 career points to date: 1071
Felipe Massa in Bahrain
Felipe Massa on Bahrain International Circuit’s Grand Prix track:
"Bahrain is the first night race of the season and is a spectacular place to watch a race. I always have fond memories of tracks where I have won before and I have managed to step onto the top step of the podium twice in Bahrain.”
- 2015 Race result: P10
- Qualifying position: P6
- Bahrain GP Best Result: 2 wins (2007 & 2008)
Williams Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa says his hopes of recovering from a pitlane start were ruined when Pastor Maldonado hit him in the early stages of the Bahrain GP.
A sensor issue prevented the Brazilian, who had qualified sixth, from firing up the car and pulling away for the formation lap.
The team managed to resolve the issue in time so that Massa could start the race from the pitlane and he made good progress through the field in the opening few laps.
But after the Brazilian passed Maldonado, the Lotus driver hit the back of the Massa’s car, causing what Williams performance chief Rob Smedley described as "quite extensive" damage to the diffuser.
Massa commented post-race:
“To be honest, I had a good first three or four laps as I was passing cars,”
“Then I was in front of Maldonado… I don’t know what he did to be honest, but he lost his braking point in corner four and hit my back. He broke a good part of the diffuser and, from that lap to the end of the race, I had no stability at the rear and was suffering a lot.”
- For Williams F1 Team Website -> http://www.williamsf1.com/
- Official Felipe Massa Website -> http://www.felipemassa.com/
- Follow Felipe Massa on Instagram -> @MassaFelipe19
- Follow Felipe Massa on Twitter -> @MassaFelipe19