Fitness On Track 7 May 2021
Batelco Ramadan Special
- Pre-registration and payment can be made in advance here
- Cyclists: 2 BD per session
- Runners: 1 BD per session
- Under 12s: Free when accompanied by paying adult
- Entry for vaccinated or Covid recovered individuals only (must show green badge on BeAware app)
- Under 18s admitted when accompanied by vaccinated / recovered adult.
Session Timings (During Ramadan):
- Circuit opens and 5:30PM arrival for cyclists and runners, with the track running until 8:30PM.
- After sunset (around 6PM), food trucks are available for Iftar meals.
- Cyclists and Runners are separated on different tracks.
- Cycling: Outer Track
- Running: Inner Oasis Track
- Kids Cycling: Inner Track Pit Lane
Notes for Participants
- Track Access: Once parked in dedicated area (Oasis North car park which will be signposted) follow the marked route for track access, via the green gate at the exit of the GP circuit pit lane.
- Route: The track runs clockwise. Cyclists should stick to this and keep to the GP track layout as per the map. Please cycle on the right and overtake on the left.
- Helmets: Cycling helmets (in good condition without damage) should be worn at all times when cycling.
- Refreshments: Food and beverage trucks and a seating area (open from the sunset) will be available in Paddock North car park.
Notes for Participants
- Track Access: Once parked in dedicated area (Oasis North car park which will be signposted) follow the marked route for track access, via the Oasis garages.
- Route: Runners should stick to the inner track route and keep to the track layout as per the map
- Refreshments: Food and beverage trucks and a seating area (open from after sunset) will be available in Paddock North car park.
Main Health Protection Measures:
Covid protection measures:
- Entry restricted to vaccinated and COVID recovered people only (Children under 18 can attend if accompanied by a qualifying adult).
- Pre-registration online is essential. Access will not be granted without this, in order to control numbers.
- Entry gate verification undertaken by BIC staff.
- Face masks to be worn at all times when not cycling or running.
- Maximum number of runners or cyclists in a group is 6 – must keep a safe distance to group in front.
- Maintain social distancing at all times: Do not gather in the car park or by the coffee van.
- BIC security and marshals will be on hand to oversee all measures.
Other Health Measures:
- Ambulance onsite for duration of event, in case of any accident.
- Strict rules on route: must follow correct route, follow protocol for overtaking etc.