Steve Jackson and Khaled Mohammed were amongst the biggest winners in the 2016/2017 Bahrain Drag Racing Championship-Arabian Pro Series, which came to a close Saturday night with an end-of-season awards ceremony held at Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir
Both Jackson and Mohammed came away with two titles, having won their categories in both the national championship and the Arabian series, which they share hosting privileges with Doha.
Saturday’s ceremony was attended by several high-ranking officials including BIC Chairman of the Board Arif Rahimi and BIC Chief Executive Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, along with guests, sponsors, team members and media.
Bahrain Drag Racing Club President Fahad Taqi expressed his delight with how things turned out this past season.
“As BDRC, we saw a huge increase in the number of participants. From round one to round five, it was just amazing. We didn’t even know who the champions would be until the end of the season and this one of the best races I’ve in the club.”
Winners in Round Five
- Street 4 and 6: Mohammed Aljalahma
- Outlaw FWD: Jasim Qamber
- Super Street 6: Nawaf Ahmed
- Outlaw 6-Cylinder: Gary White
- Street V8: Abdulla Al Felakawi
- Super Street V8: Khaled Mohammed
- Competition 4.5: Suliman Alfadhel
- Outlaw 10.5: Duaij Fahad
- Pro Mod: Steve Jackson
- Street Bike: Mesfer Al Mesfer
- Super Street Bike: Mishari Al Turki
- Pro Bike: Mohammed Bu Rashed
- Index 10.5: Suliman Dawood
- Index Bike 9.50: Fadi Abu Jamus
- Index 9.5: Abdulla Al Shamsi
- Index 8.5: Abdulla Ali