The 2015/2016 season of the Bahrain National Drag Racing Championship nears its climax this week with the holding of its fourth and penultimate round at Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir.
The desert drag strip is set to host four consecutive nights of action.
- Test & Tune: Tuesday February 23 from 7pm to 11pm.
- Test & Tune: Wednesday February 24 from 7pm to 11pm.
- Qualifying: Thursday February 25 from 4pm onwards.
- Race Day: Friday February 26 from 4pm onwards.
More than 100 drag racers from around the Gulf, as well as a handful from the United States, are expected to take part.
All are welcome to attend this week’s drag racing. Tickets can be purchased at the gate.
- Test and Tune sessions – BD2 each night.
- Qualifying and Race Day – BD5 for both days at the Start Line Grandstand
Children aged up to 12 years old can attend for half the price.
Meanwhile, taking place on the sidelines of all the action will be BIC’s Dragster Xperience. Get into one of BIC’s three-seater Top Dragsters for a run down the quarter-mile strip in mind-boggling speed, powering from zero to 100kph in just one second.
Following this week’s events, the championship finale is scheduled to be held from March 1 to 4.