E. Kanoo Racing set a pair of new World Records to headline an exciting fourth and penultimate round of the 2016/2017 Bahrain Drag Racing Championship-Arabian Pro Series, held over the weekend at Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir.
Bahraini superstar Khaled Mohammed registered a new world’s best in the Super Street V8 category, while American drag racing icon Gary White matched his teammate’s accomplishment with his own in the Outlaw 6-Cylinder class.
Both drivers set their new World Records en route to claiming fantastic victories in their respective categories.
In the Pro Mod category, Bahrain1Racing’s Jackson claimed a narrow win over teammate Khaled Al Belooshi of the UAE.
Driving a 1969 Chevy Camaro, Jackson clocked a winning time of 3.687 seconds at 323.34kph. He pipped Al Belooshi, who completed the quarter-mile run in 3.694s at 326.49kph.
Salah Salahuddin was another big winner on the evening. The veteran Bahraini racer claimed the Street V8 category with a pass of 7.726s at 291.64kph in the final, defeating Kuwaiti Mohamed Sulyman who had marks of 7.602s at 286.56kph.
In the Outlaw 10.5 category, Khaled Sayef was victorious. The Bahraini took first place in 4.957s, leaving Nabeel Al Isa behind him.
Elsewhere amongst the cars classes:
- Mohammed Al Jalahmag won the Street 4 and 6 category
- Mohamed Mubarak won the Outlaw Front-Wheel-Drive
- Hamed Al Murbati won the Super Street 6-Cylinder
- Nasser Ashattii won the Competition 4.5
- Hussain Hassan won the Index 8.5
- Mohammed Jawad won the Index 9.5
- Suliman Dawood won the Index 10.5
- Meshal Al Saber won the Pro Bike category
- Mesfer al Mesfer won the Super Street Bike
- Mohammed Al Baddah won the Street Bike
- Waleed Albadeen won the Index Bike 9.50