The long wait is over. The winter off-season is coming to an end.
We are finally going to get our first taste of Formula 1 action out on track as teams begin the final lead-up to the 2016 season.
On to Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya, where a pair of four-day pre-season tests are set to take place. The first is scheduled for this week from Monday to Thursday (February 22 to 25). It will be followed by the other slated from March 1 to 4.
A majority of F1 teams have already unveiled their new cars ahead of testing. Among them are world champions Mercedes with their W07 Hybrid, Ferrari with their SF16-H, McLaren and the new MP4-31, and Williams and their FW38.
F1 debutants Haas have launched their maiden car with the VF-16, while manufacturers Renault are marking their return to the top flight with their RS16 challenger.
Red Bull Racing have released the livery of their new RB12, as have Sauber with their C35.
A first look at the new cars of Force India, Toro Rosso and Manor awaits right before the start of the first day of tests on Monday.
The drivers of each F1 team will be splitting the duties over each four-day test.
Below is the schedule of drivers testing this week (in order of days one to four, Monday to Thursday)
- Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg, Hamilton, Rosberg
- Ferrari: Vettel, Vettel, Raikkonen, Raikkonen
- McLaren: Button, Alonso, Button, Alonso
- Williams: Bottas, Bottas, Massa, Massa
- Haas: Grosjean, Gutierrez, Grosjean, Gutierrez
- Red Bull Racing: Ricciardo, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Kvyat
- Renault: Palmer, Palmer, Magnussen, Magnussen
- Force India: Celis, Perez, Hulkenberg, Celis
- Toro Rosso: Sainz, Verstappen, Sainz, Verstappen
- Manor: Wehrlein, Wehrlein, Haryanto, Haryanto
- Sauber: Ericsson, Ericsson, Nasr, Nasr