Bahraini ace Khaled Mohammed registered a fine double in an exciting third round of the 2015/2016 Bahrain Drag Racing Championship, hosted last week.
Mohammed triumphed in both the Super Street V8 and Pro Mod classes to headline an impressive night for the EKanooRacing team, whose American driver Garry White won in the Outlaw 6-Cylinder division.
Mohammed steered his Lexus ISF challenger to first place in the Super Street V8 category after defeating Sulyman Abdulla in a tightly contested final. The winner registered an elapsed time of 4.474 seconds, while his Kuwaiti rival had a mark of 4.869s. Khalid Akhthar of Saudi Arabia finished third.
In the Pro Mod class, Mohammed was behind the wheel of a Camaro and he did not disappoint. Going up against Kuwait’s Abdulla Al Suri in the final run, Mohammed won in 3.844s. Al Suri finished behind in 4.058s, while Bader Orshid was third.
Meanwhile, White was a big winner in the Outlaw 6-Cylinder category. He clocked a final run of 7.074s, easily beating Bahraini Mohammed Shakeeb who completed the quarter-mile in 14.786s. Jassim Zaman was ranked third.
“It was a very good round from us. We were testing all week so we were as prepared as we could be for the event.
"The track was also very good. The weather was perfect, so everything was in place for us to do well.” Mohammed
A total of 95 participants, competing in 13 different categories for cars and bikes took part in the round.
- Street 4 and 6: 1 Adel Hassan (9.761s)
- Outlaw FWD: 1 Mohammed bin Hasher (8.834s)
- Super Street Six-Cylinder: 1 Hamad Al Murbati (7.468s)
- Index 10.5: 1 Khalid Abdulkareem (11.070s)
- Street V8: 1 Mohammed Sulyman (8.226s)
- Competition 4.5: Abdulrahman Salim (4.557s)
- Outlaw 10.5: Abdulla Alsory (4.362s)
- Street Bike: 1 Mashari Al Muri (9.008s)
- Super Street Bike: 1 Mashari Al Turki (6.952s)
- Index Bike 9.5: 1 Fahim Zahran (9.725s)
The 2015/2016 Bahrain Drag Racing Championship resumes with the season’s fourth and penultimate round between February 23 and 26 at BIC.