Desert Beats have proudly announced that legendary American funk and R&B band Kool & The Gang will be one of the headlining acts at the first-of-its-kind music festival.
Kool & The Gang are the first international act to be revealed by Desert Beats.
There will also be live performances from a selection of other international and local artists throughout the day, ensuring that the music doesn’t stop.
Tickets are now available for Desert Beats. A limited number of VIP tables are also on sale. Further, there will be multiple food and beverage outlets and plenty more to do for the whole family.
Kool & The Gang have been a force in music ever since they first assembled in 1964, having sold over 70 million albums worldwide and having won multiple prestigious awards.
Below are some fast facts on the band:
- Kool & The Gang took home a Grammy for Album of the Year in 1978 for Saturday Night Fever and have also won seven American Music Awards.
- They have registered 25 Top 10 R&B hits, nine Top 10 pop hits, and 31 gold and platinum albums.
- One of their biggest tracks is “Celebration”, which founding band member and bassist Robert Bell has called “an international anthem” due to its massive popularity. Others are “Get Down On It”, “Cherish”, “Joanna”, “Ladies’ Night”, “Jungle Boogie” and “Big Fun”, to name only a few.
- Today, the group enjoys global fame and recognition and a following that spans generations due in part to their widely sampled catalogue. Kool & The Gang’s drum beats, bass, guitar and signature horn lines lace the tracks of numerous artists, including Jay-Z, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Cypress Hill, P Diddy and the Beastie Boys.
- Kool & The Gang is the most sampled band in hip-hop by far. Their music is also featured on the soundtracks for Rocky, Saturday Night Fever, Pulp Fiction, Wreck-It Ralph and countless others.
- In October 2015, Kool & the Gang were honored with a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. The following year marked their 50th together, and they were inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
- Kool & The Gang has continued to tour the world, appearing with artists such as Kid Rock, Dave Matthews Band, Elton John, The Roots and Van Halen, and now they are coming to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Follow Desert Beats social media accounts for more: