Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) hosted an exciting second round in the 2015/2016 Bahrain Drag Racing Championship last week.
Record-holding Bahraini racer Salah Salahuddin among a long list of winners. He triumphed in the Street V8 category, which was one of 14 different competition classes for both cars and motorbikes to take to BIC’s world-class quarter-mile drag strip.
A total of 100 participants from across the Gulf and beyond competed in the meeting.
Winners per category
- Street V8: Salah Salahuddin 8.020 seconds
- Outlaw 10.5 class: Abdulwahab Salim 4.093 seconds
- Street 4 and 6: Mohammed Aljalhma 9.714 seconds
- Outlaw Front-Wheel-Drive (FWD): Ibrahim bin Hasher 8.750 seconds
- Super Street 6-Cylinder: Saeed Yahya Saeed 8.133 seconds
- Outlaw 6-Cylinder: Hammed Haji 6.879 seconds
- Super Street V8: Fesal Al Isa 4.482 seconds
- Competition 4.5: Salem Nasser 4.531 seconds
- Outlaw 10.5 category: Abdulwahab Salim 4.003 seconds
- Pro Mod: Bader Korshid 3.890 seconds
- Index 10.5: Ebrahim Khalil 10.511 seconds
- Street Bike: Khalid Al Doseri 8.392 seconds
- Super Street Bike: Masfer Al Masfer 6.677 seconds
- Pro Bike: Mohammed Bu Rashid 4.191 seconds
Download full results
At the end of all the action, the winners were presented their trophies in a podium ceremony attended by officials from BIC, the Bahrain Drag Racing Club and the Bahrain Motor Federation.
Last week’s events were the last of the calendar year for the national drag racing season. The championship resumes with the third of five rounds scheduled to take place at BIC from January 12 to 15.