Salah Salahuddin was the star of the night during the fourth and penultimate round of the 2014/2015 Bahrain National Drag Racing Championship.
Salahuddin set his record-breaking run in the Street V8 final, where he defeated Abduljaleel Abdulkareem. Salahuddin set the new mark at 7.951 seconds to claim the victory.
Gary White of E Kanoo Racing Team followed suit with a fine victory in the Outlaw 6-Cylinder category. The American lived up to his tag as group favourite and defeated Mohamed Haji in the final. White had a run of 6.012secs, while Haji’s time was 6.808secs.
White, however, narrowly missed out on a double. In the Super Street 6-Cylinder class, Yahya Saeed upset White to win first place. Saeed had a run of 12.659secs in the final, while White did not register a time following a stage foul.
- Street 4 and 6 category: Mohammed Ali (9.648secs).
- Outlaw Front-Wheel-Drive: Mohammed Bin Hasher (9.304secs).
- Pro Mod category: Hussain Al Shumer (3.877secs).
- Super Street V8: Turki Al Hameid (4.306secs).
- Competition 4.5 class: Jaber Almagribi (4.548secs).
- Outlaw 10.5 class: Abdulbuhab Saleem (4.203secs).
- Index 10.5 class: Khalid Abdul Kareem (10.589secs).
- Street Bike: Mousa Al Balooshi (8.511secs).
- Super Street Bike: Misfer Al Miisfer (6.738secs).
- Pro Bike: Mohammed Burashid (4.025secs).