BIC 2,000CC Challenge
LONGEST-RUNNING CIRCUIT RACING SERIES IN THE REGION
|Price inclusive of VAT|
|Beyon Grandstand||2.000 BHD|
Rules & Regulations:
To ensure the championship is competitive and fair, each rider must follow the rules and regulations.
Find out more about these guidelines below.
The BIC 2,000cc Challenge is promoted and administered by Bahrain International Circuit, and organised by the Circuit Racing Club of Bahrain, in accordance with the National Sporting Code of the Bahrain Motor Federation.
- The 2,000cc Challenge is a drivers’ championship.
- Points will be awarded to drivers listed in the final results as follows: 1st 25pts, 2nd 20pts, 3rd 17pts, 4th 15pts, 5th 14pts, 6th 13pts, 7th 12pts, 8th 11pts, Other finishers* 6pts. *At least 75% race laps/distance.
- All points acquired will count towards the final classification.
- Awards to be presented per round:
. Medals – for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
. Prize money – 1st to 3rd, BD200 each; 4th to 7th, BD180 each; 8th to 10th, BD160 each.
- Awards to be presented for the championship
. Trophies to Overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd;
. Driver scoring most pole positions
. Driver scoring season’s fastest lap
. Prize money – 1st BD3,000; 2nd BD2,000; 3rd BD1,000; Fastest lap, BD500.
Technical regulations limit the capabilities and modifications that can be made to the cars.
Among them are:
- Cars competing must be front or rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
- Vehicles can be in the form of hatchbacks, saloons, coupes, roadsters, convertibles, T-Tops/Targas.
- Cars must have front mounted engines.
- Homologation specials, open-wheelers, monocoque shell vehicles, space frame chassis, and kit cars are not permitted.
- Roadsters, convertibles, and T-Tops/Targas must have a permanently fixed hard-top/roof to be able to take part.
- All vehicles must be of safe and sound construction and mechanical conditioned, and be well-maintained.